Sunday, July 26, 2015

Got a grievance, now what?


For whatever reason, this year has presented me with the opportunity to be “pissed off” at quite a few folks. 

…and I also know there are two sides to every story! 

What I started to observe was the misery I was attracting to myself by talking about how I/we were wronged.  Also how "someone else" is going to be responsible for making it right!

Harboring a grievance allows you to say “I am right and You are wrong.”  In the end there will be no winners! 

Consider this…in everyday life when a friend or perhaps a stranger confronts you with a right or wrong situation, what is the outcome?

Example, Why did you? / How come you? It immediately puts most people into a combative or defensive mode.  Rarely do you state “you know you are right, and I am wrong.”

I seemed to have forgotten what I learned at Ferrum College in my Assertiveness Training class.  Seek ways to discover how all conversations end in “win win” scenarios. 

Life is too short to allow negatively to enter into your life.  It truly can be cancerous to your health and to your relationships with others. 

There is always a high road and I plan to stay on that highway!

Be Noble!


NobleOne

1 comment: