Sunday, February 17, 2013

Leap...build your wings on your way



Do you have dreams that you are not chasing?  Are you stuck in a work-a-day world measuring when you HAVE to go and anticipating WHEN you get to stop?

In my 55 years, I have had some great jobs and a few that allowed me to understand the difference! 

In my heart I always felt there was something special for me beyond what I was currently doing.   I was pretty good at chasing opportunities and fortunate to have had three careers prior to making a life not a living!

I recently watched a video on YouTube; a vocational counselor was asking students … what career choice would you make if you didn’t need money? A provocative thought indeed.

Many years ago I was wandering around a video store wasting time hoping to fill it with a movie.  One particular video caught my attention on the lesser watched shelf.  The title of the video was The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson. 

The video spoke to a parable based on the question..are you currently doing what you feel you were put on this earth to do?  Wow, did that question resonate with me! 

In 2006 I left my third career @ WaterFurnace International soon after my good friend Terre Ittner presented me with a small frame with the words Leap build your wings on your way.  It was at that moment I realized it was my time to leap.  Instinctively I knew it because I had prepared myself for so many years. 

I do believe we are here for a purpose and only few ever discover what that is.  It does take courage to “leap” and an understanding of what you are leaping into.   If common sense is your guide, you are lost from the start!  Passion and listening within are the tools you need. 

Your journey will never be simple however you are specifically designed to overcome obstacles that no one else could endure!  

There is indeed magic in this world; you need to understand how it applies to you and how to “plug in”  

There are many paths, however at one point it requires a “leap” and most leaps have an element of fear!  Bigger the leap, larger the consequences! 

I say Go Big or Go Home!

NobleOne

3 comments:

  1. Your blog this morning is dead on Al! It's wonderful to take that leap and land intact. I can't imagine doing anything else at this point and am joyful that I can do what I believe in. My only wish is that more people would take that leap and more people would be much happier in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is simply great that you show your friends the way by example! You rock and so does RAPS (Really Awesome People Swimming) Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that there is magic flowing all the time. I have learned not to question it...but enjoy it and how it seems to come full circle! I feel that if you start your day by showing even a small act of kindness that is will set a "Positive tone" for yourself and others. A "leap" is necessary...you may land close sometimes...but when you hit the Target it's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete