Sunday, February 3, 2013

Meditation vs. Medication



How do you plug in? 

I have always been fascinated with the “magic” in this world.  It’s simply no fun not to believe there are resources available to all of us that seek! 

Charles Thomas Cayce was my Sunday school teacher.  He is the grandson of Edgar Cayce the famous Psychic that established the Association for Research and Development in Virginia Beach.  During lessons Charles Thomas shared fascinating stories about things some people would say are “not normal”.   I was hooked!

I taped on my wall at a young age “Be still and know that I am God” Psalms 46-10.   For me, it offered instructions to seek inward and that lead me to meditation.

Meditation for me is an exercise.  Sometimes I avoid it just like running or biking, other times I realize the more I do it, the more spiritually fit I appear to be. 

My attempts at meditation started out with me trying to settle down and keeping one eye open just in case Jesus Christ wanted to appear and speak to me! 

During my research on methods of meditation I picked up on the phrase “you are not trying to hatch an egg…it is more like defragging a hard drive”.  That resonated and offered the perspective I needed in order to move forward.

Meditation is a “practice” and I don’t know if I will ever master it; however, I can always continue to practice. 

My days are now filled with incidences and coincidences.  By paying attention, I learn what the world has to offer and through meditation I am more aware of its availability. 

When you act on the magic you are exercising that spiritual muscle and it gets stronger with use.

Medication takes care of the things that are off kilter with your well-being.  My goal is to meditate to avoid the necessity to medicate.   Medications come in so many forms and most attempt to right a wrong or mask a symptom.  It is my desire to eliminate them from my life. 

Answers to big questions are available as long as you wait for their time to be solved.   The practice of meditation offers balance and tranquility.   A gift available to all with no agenda! 

If you are a seeker, consider the practice of “being still” the return on investment is well worth it!

NobleOne

2 comments:

  1. Good Stuff Al. I like to say that ... the pause (meditation) is where wisdom and insight appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right with ya Les, a good combination!

    ReplyDelete