Sunday, August 25, 2013

"Normal People” are simply people you don’t know well!


I have this bad habit of comparing myself to others.   I envy other people’s lives from time to time. 
How about you?

Be careful when you judge a person’s life by a snapshot.  There is a whole lot you never see!

I consider everyone’s life is like a big pie.  You have pieces that are larger than others however in the end you still have only one pie to work with.  If you get a big piece of the “smart” you may get less of another.  It all balances out in the end.

I often talk about the “law of allowing” be careful what you allow in your life to annoy you.  That includes envy.  It is really your decision.

I wrote a blog a few months back titled “Magic in the Middle”.  It deals with getting comfortable in your own skin.  So many of us are simply living our lives and doing our best to maintain a smile. 

I consider a smile to be a gift to me each day, a return on investment of good thinking or action!

I want to be happy and I want my friends and family to be happy as well. 

Sometimes it’s hard to be happy when you are trying to be someone else!  Keep in mind that if you are always striving you are never arriving!

Celebrate your life today and keep a smile on your face!

NobleOne

2 comments:

  1. Al, I really like this post. You cannot know what that person has going on behind the scenes. We all have struggles and can never measure up to the image we hold of that “snapshot”

    When people try to be someone they are not, they miss experiencing the happiness of who they really are. The "piece of the pie" is a perfect example for our individual gifts and talents. No one is perfect and gifted in every area. Learn to operate within your gifting and be happy with who God made you to be.... He doesn't make mistakes. Someone else has the other piece that you might not have so we work together as a team. Our relationship with others is what life is about and they complete us.

    Celebrating my life and smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said and thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete