Sunday, August 4, 2013

Why I Ride a Motorcycle


I guess it started with horses.  As a kid most of my cousins were taking riding lessons from Great Neck Stables or Princess Anne Stables, both run by Aunts of mine.   That was until I was introduced to a neighbor’s mini bike.  I never stopped desiring to go for a ride after taking my first!

As I grew so did the size of my motorcycles. 
I was working a trade show in Central Va.  in the mid 90's for WaterFurnace Intl and was introduced to a Yamaha V-Max, about the “baddest”  thing you have ever seen on two wheels.  For two days I watched this thing spin around on a display table while On Any Sunday (the movie) was playing in the back ground.   
I made a bet with my VP and later owned that bike! 

 


Another reason I own a motorcycle is that I like to give back and there is always a ride available to help something or someone.  Yesterday I rode in the Extortion Memorial Ride dedicated to the memory of 30 active duty military and 1 military working dog killed in action on August 6, 2011. Extortion 17 was the CH-47 helicopter shot down by enemy fire in Afghanistan. 
It doesn’t get much better.  The road was filled with friends and neighbors waving flags and posters.  Everyone was "plugged in" to the reason we were there and the money flowed in like honey dew vine water!

I now own a 1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Nostalgia that I won in a raffle on a local ride by the Kiwanis to support CHKD.  The winning ticket was sold to me by Morris Long at a Robin Hood meeting (now The Noblemen) many years ago.

I guess you can see I was just destined to own and ride a motorcycle.

So I will continue to ride and use it as a vehicle to help local causes with my "Noble Riders" and friends keeping a smile on my face with a bug or two between my teeth! 

 
NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment