Sunday, June 1, 2014

Opinions!



What do they say “opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one!”  I think another way to describe people that like to give their opinions…gossip!  My take, if you want to give me your opinions, make sure it is an informed opinion! 

As we grow we become more aware to others and those others start to pay attention.  I consider it a good thing however it also comes with armchair quarterbacking, back room meetings and parking lot conversations that lead to disputes and damage reputations! 

Running a nonprofit is like operating your business through a picture window.  Everything can be seen at all times.  Because of that, our actions good or bad, garner praise and skepticism.  

Years ago at one of our early Robin Hood meetings we had a member that wanted to “vent.” I could see the energy leaving the room as this gentlemen continued his uninformed rant.  I decided at that time that negativity would not be introduced at meetings and the policy moving forward would be this…please place you negative comments in a letter and send to us via mail.  (stamp not necessary)  

I  understand that I do not live in a perfect world however I do my best to control want I can. 

·         I welcome folks that want to meet with me and want to talk about how to make things better.
·         I embrace new ideas from leaders that want to work inclusively to grow the organization.
·         I welcome new members as well as old ones back that want to make a positive impact on their lives as well as others.
·         I enjoy hearing about creative ways to make as well as save money!
·         I like to smile and make others smile around me
·         I need to stop saying “I” and change it to “We”

It is my opinion that you all should have a great day and keep it to yourself J


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment