Sunday, May 18, 2014

If someone could tell you your future, would you want to know?


Several years ago I attended a Halloween party for charity with my good friend Paul.  I am not a fan of dress up parties however, Paul and I have ready to go costumes that works for the both of us!  Robin Hood and Friar Tuck!
 
At the entrance we were invited to either have our palm's read or sit down with a fortune teller.  The price was $20 and for charity, I chose the future!
  
Claudette was her name and she asked me if I would sit beside her and hold her hand.  She took for a few moments to relax and then began to share with me her thoughts.  I listened and she talked.  I can say now it was a few moments in my life that is still etched in my soul.  

The next day I found her information and decided to send her an e-mail of thanks.  I simply stated “thanks for opening up a window.”  She called me back several days later.  Funny thing, she never got my e-mail but was compelled to call me and ask me for a favor.

I picked up Claudette the following day and we went to work on a missing girl case together in Charlottesville Va. 

I instinctively knew I should take this trip and strangely enough my schedule allowed it to happen.  We never found the girl however I spent 8 hours with someone that I sincerely believe has gifts that most people don’t possess or even believe in.

I am currently reading Ginny Zapar Cohen’s recently published book Talabarske, a true story about two brothers escaping the Ukraine during WWII.  The wife of one of the brothers encounters a blind gypsy (fortune teller) that tells her that everything will eventually be alright and to be strong.  She was foretold that she and her family would make it and not to give up and never return to her home.  For whatever reason this wisdom was not questioned, almost as if she knew this lady spoke the truth.

Here is the fascination for me.   The gypsy stated that she possessed both a gift and a curse of "knowing things" and was compelled to share information with the young lady who at the time NEEDED to hear that prophesy.  Almost word for word is what Claudette shared with me on that ride to Charlottesville several years ago.   I remember she looked at me and then asked “do you want to know about your life?”  I decided I did not, however not before she looked at me and smiled and assured me everything was going to be alright and maybe a bit better than that!

As I think back to that adventure, perhaps the day in part was not dedicated to finding a lost girl, but a gift to assure me that my path was true.  

I am so fortunate that I pay attention to what the world has to offer me.  Time and time again I get validation for the things that catch my attention.  The key is to “act.” I continue to call Claudette my friend and she continues to look after me and others. 

There are so many miracles available to all of us and I am  glad I have decided to believe in them!


NobleOne

2 comments:

  1. Attitude and effort in life will blaze the trail that we follow. Common sense and Faith and Trust in your self to learn from the mistakes and prosper from the good. Al your a good man and keep following your heart. I really enjoy your weekly blog. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Ballance I appreciate your feedback as well as your friendship.

      Delete