Sunday, July 27, 2014

Envy, we all have it!



Wikipedia states that envy is the resentment caused by another person having something that one does not have, but desires for oneself.

There is rarely a time in my life that I am not flirting with Envy!  I guess I can blame Facebook for some of it! 

How many times have you looked at other’s post and silently confessed to yourself, you wish you were doing that! 

For me, I just ratify the feelings with I have hundreds of friends on Facebook and surely “some” are doing cooler things than me right now!

It is quite simple to see greener grass somewhere else other than your own back yard.  Recently I had the opportunity to spend time in that yard and guess what I found out?

I like the color of my own grass!  Simply walking in other's greener pastures, I often find things I should not step in!  It was a good dose of a life lesson.

I have often said “Normal people are simply people that you don’t know well.”  It is so simple to capture a single moment out of someone else’s life and be envious of that moment!  Understand however we all have a large deposit of those types of moments!  You are simply observing someone else’s good times!  …and good on them for having them!

Choose to celebrate with others in their good times and enjoy their good fortune alongside of them.  You simply don’t know what the rest of their day is going to be like or their life for that matter!

I learned a big lesson many years ago!  You become what you pursue! 

I choose to focus on assets that allow me to grow as a person and attract them into my life.  I have discovered that what I treasure most are the things I can give away to others.

I guess the only advice that I can give to myself and others is “when envy is on your radar screen, choose a larger perspective.”  The broader view often points out a more realistic reality that you just might not be so envious of!

If envy persists, then make a decision to change the direction of your life and pursue the goals that make you more of a complete person.  The emptiness inside is the purveyor of need and want!


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment