Monday, October 28, 2013

The Power of Then!


If you have not read Eckhart Tolle’s The Power of Now do yourself a favor and read it.  It truly allows you to discover the power of being “present” in a busy world. 

As I stroll through my mid-fifties I have now discovered the “power of then.”  Two interesting things have come across my radar screen recently.  1. A chance encounter in my college day’s lead to a wonderful award I received 35 years later.   2. Facebook has allowed me to connect with kids that I taught in Sunday school who are now having their own kids.  You never think you have made an impact and then Bam!  You find out that you did!

My point is this, what you do today are the seeds of life that will yield fruit for potentially a very long time. 

Living a life and understanding your impact on others is truly exciting.  The acts of kindness and paying attention to the needs of those around you can right wrongs and change lives forever. 

What may seem to you as a simple moment possibly has the power to transform a life.  Decades later you may then discover the Power of Then! 

Everyone leaves footprints in the sand that wash away with the next wave however some footprints will never go away.  Hopefully yours from time to time carried someone else’s burdens.  It will only make you a stronger person when you discover how to help others.

Today my wish for you is to understand the power you have in others’ lives.  Consider the return on investment you will enjoy later on in your life as you consume the fruit of your seeds that you planted today!


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment