Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dont grow a wishbone where a backbone should be!



How many times do you hear the words I wish?  I would rather hear the words, I will.

So many people go through their lives wishing and not doing!   I will has so much more power attached to it whereas I wish does not. 

I will places you on the adventure, you simply have to decide when!  It informs you and everyone else that you are ready to take action and you are not interested in maybe.
Consider hearing the words...I wish I could quit smoking vs. I will quit smoking.  I wish I could ride a motorcycle across the country or I will ride a ...you get the drift!

 
Where does the power lie? 

I have learned that there is much wisdom available to all of us however it is not always easy to receive it.  Making a decision allows the view to change and a good decision allows the wisdom to flow your way.

Our lives grow shorter every day and I choose to enjoy mine doing instead of wishing.  How about you?

I pay attention to people in my life and I always admire those that take the risks and go on adventures.   If you are a fan of Facebook, I ask you?  Who gets all of the likes?  The answer, those that do the cool stuff!   Everyone wishes they were doing cool things too! 

I have learned the world rewards those that are on the right path; however if it were an easy path everyone would be on theirs!   How many people do you know that are on the right path? 

Finding your path is one step, pursuing your path requires a backbone.  A strong backbone is simply a gift in this world, one that you can give yourself.  The added benefit…everyone else around you benefits as well.  How awesome is that?

What are you wishing for that you should be doing?  

Today is a good day to start!

NobleOne

Note:  The quote “Don’t grow a wishbone where a backbone should be” came from Clementine Paddleford, an American food writer active from the 1920s through the 1960s.

No comments:

Post a Comment