Sunday, November 17, 2013

5 steps forward and 5 steps back


Nothings feel better than making progress.   You catch yourself saying, this simply can’t last and you are right!  

If it did, nobody could live with you!

I think humility is a part of life and everything has balance.   You can’t always succeed without learning a few lessons.  The next time, you go a little farther! 

Quite a few years ago I was on a run listening to music laced in with some inspirational passages I have recorded over the years and I heard this. 

In life, you take 5 steps forward and then 5 steps back and then 5 steps forward and then 5 steps back and then 5 steps forward and then 4½ steps back,  oh yeah!

I thought about it for the rest of my run and realized how much truth was there.  Life has so many small steps and most of them are either forward or back and that is how life works.

If you never fail at anything you never learn.  Winning makes you soft losing makes you tough!

Persistence is what gets you further simply because you fail more and learn more!

You tend to celebrate the forward motion however what do you do when life backs you up?

I have decided to pay attention and learn the best I can about what is being taught!  Better yet, if I am aware of the way the world works, I am better suited to deal with its reality!

I will continue to enjoy my life of continuous motion and celebrate all of the movements, how ‘bout you?

NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment