Sunday, November 24, 2013

Live life like a river not a reservoir!


Which do you prefer?  I have used this quote more than once and I just heard it again on a John Maxwell update.  It simply resonates with me.

Running a nonprofit you discuss cash flow projections on a daily basis.  When account balances get low its “chicken little time.” Let's apply the brakes!
Why would people invest in your vision unless they can see your impact on an ongoing basis?
Its a dance that I enjoy.

I often ask my board members the question…if someone gave us one million dollars what would we do with the money?  What a provocative question! 

There are always the ones that want to put it in the bank and earn interest and it’s hard to argue with that.  For me, I would invest it in our community.  Let it go!  There is a whole lot more where that came from.

If you live your life or run your business as a river your life flows and always finds new places to explore.  There is abundance in front of you and all around you.  Obstacles can cause your flow to be altered, however rarely stopped!

A reservoir stays in one place and stagnates.  Yes it is safe and secure, however not a place I was destined to function in.

I often refer to the analogy “if your cup is too full, how can you get more, unless you pour some out!   
If abundance comes your way in any form share it and enjoy returns on that investment every day.


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment