Sunday, April 27, 2014

Love or Fear, no other options!


Many years ago I read that there were really just two emotions and those were Love and Fear.   It was an interesting notion for me that I quickly challenged intellectually!

I considered other emotions like "pissed off", jealousy, envy, sadness, and slowly understood that all were versions of fear and could not fit into the description of Love.
  
Fear is the emotion of being uninformed or unplugged.  It can exhibit frustration and lead to lots of other emotions however its roots are always pointed at fear.   Overall I would tie fear to anxiety.  I often get anxious when I don’t prepare or get caught in a situation that I have yet to figure out a solution to.  It is all rooted in fear!

Now let’s consider love, an emotion with endless possibilities and meanings.  When true love exists there in a sense of tranquility whether or not it is dealing with a person or a state of existing. 

My friend John Koehler talks of "agape love" which is often translated as “unconditional love.”  This is “no holds barred” love and awesome to witness.   It truly demonstrates an unrestricted emotion that triumphs every day!

I don't think this is an easy world to live in for anyone.  I am constantly bombarded by new challenges and right and left turns.  Understanding this simple nugget of wisdom is powerful for me.   I continue to challenge its authenticity and to date it still rings as a foundational truth. 

Controlling my emotions and understanding how my world works is priceless.  So much time can be wasted pursuing senseless emotions and a misunderstanding of messages sent from countless sources.

Sharing what I have learned helps me fill back up my cup.  There is a time for learning and a time for practicing what you learn.  As your skills increase they become a part of who you are.

Great wisdom can be learned simply by studying water.  When new opportunities are present water can envelope them or go around.  It can also be one of the most powerful energies in our world. 

When you encounter new opportunities in your life consider your reactions.  Love the fact that you have new choices and don’t be fearful of new paths to explore! 


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment