Sunday, May 4, 2014

This “TED” Talked to me!






“Speak softly, and carry a big stick” was Theodore Roosevelt’s foreign policy!  I am happy to say that the “Big Stick” part is still firmly in place!  Not to sure about the "speak softly." 

Last week I was honored to be “tail hooked” on the CVN 71 Theodore Roosevelt along with 11 other businessmen selected to learn and then tell our contacts just how fine a Navy we have in place!

Here are some things that I learned and now know!!

Our 26th President was an amazing man and I am compelled to learn more about him!

A skilled mechanic on board can change out the jet engine in a F18 in three hours!


The steel deck is 30 inches thick (and still makes one hell of a bang when a plane lands)

A plane can land and leave every minute and that can go on for 24 hours!


5000 sailors in one place committed to one task is a mighty force indeed!

CVN71 stands for "C" Aircraft Carrier "V" Fixed wing "N" Nuclear

I know what it feels like to go from 0 – 150 mph in 3 seconds (and reverse)

Popeye resides on the bulkhead


You never want to pull a "Zimmerman" (private joke) 

There is no alcohol on board

Theodore Roosevelt was once considered a “wimp” until he kicked some guy's ass in a bar!

You need good knees if you live on board

I don’t want to join the Navy

I have never been more proud to be an American! 

NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment