Sunday, May 11, 2014

Is your house a home?



I’m sure you have heard the expression “nothing like coming home”

Currently I live in a home and I call it that because I like living here!  There are always projects and ways to make it a better home.  Someone worked very hard before me however left me with plenty to do.   Some time in the future I will give this gift to someone else. 

Real estate is potentially a wonderful thing.  It offers a true return on investment and a whole lot less risk than some other ventures many are tempted to try. 

The way I see it, you have to live somewhere why not make some money and create a habitat that enhances your life.  A gift that can give back in so many ways. 

My wife and I found our farm about 14 years ago.  I remember the weekend we decided to check it out.  Every particle of my soul said this is your next home and guess what?  My soul was right and we moved in and called it Sherwood Farms.  

We raised our son Matt and several wayward teens along with him.  Also a Labrador named Allie who is now buried next to my office.  We have enjoyed the lives of many horses honored with the privilege of caring for them and having them return the favor. 


My wife discovered her true self and has become quite the horse whisperer and connects daily with all things outdoors.  


We have accomplished several significant projects that will serve this parcel of land and me for decades to come. 


We have hosted weddings, held benefits for close friends, and even made a few enemies to balance everything out. 

Sherwood Farms has changed my life and the lives of so many others and now we come to  a crossroad! Tomorrow we will meet a potential buyer.

If they love it, Marge and I will embark on a new adventure.  If they don't,  then Back Bay will have to enjoy the Midgetts a while longer

...and we will enjoy tomorrow as we strive to do every day! 

NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment