Monday, September 1, 2014

I have a dream! (and it's not MLK's)



On August 29th I turned 57 years old.  I was born in 1957, so I figure it must mean something.  I choose to believe it does!

My life changed in 1993 when my son was born, I was introduced to miracles!  I was also introduced to me.  In other words I discovered why I was placed on this earth.  To put it one more way so you understand what drives me, “I had a calling!” 

I never felt that this was God reaching down from the heavens and speaking to me, however I do feel it was a divine intervention that when acted upon started to change my world and how I viewed it. 

In 1995 I put action to intuitions and created the Robin Hoods of Virginia Beach later to become The Noblemen. 

I feel it is now time to take a next step!  Here is my vision!

I grew up in the First Presbyterian Church.  I have served as an Elder, Usher, Sunday School Teacher, and was Head Chef for our Men’s Prayer Breakfast every Tuesday for 14 years.   The concept of Church and worship is no stranger to me!

Saying that, I never “plugged in” to the essence of what most churches are meant to accomplish.  I never worshiped at Church or felt I needed to attend church to visit God.  For me God was internal and when I attended Church I felt I brought God with me.  

Why wait till Sunday to get things done?  I'm busy on Sundays! 

It was the people in our church that I loved.  The conversations and the overall goodness of other members are what continue to make me smile today!

I attended church with my mom yesterday and once again sat there thinking about how I would do it all completely different. 

Now back to vision! 

I see The Noblemen somewhat like a church dedicated to its members and open to all that desire good friends, good times, making a difference, and giving back to our community. 
I feel that people are hard wired for philanthropy however it is often tough to find that outlet.  There is a large contingency of folks that cannot or will not find that in a church. 
There are also a great deal of wonderful people that attend a church however feel that their church falls short in the category of giving and helping out the less fortunate.

I want to create that new paradigm. 

I feel that most people have needs to be met in order to get comfortable in their own skin. 

            Find a way to pay for your obligations
            If you have a family you need to work out the dynamics for making everyone happy!
            You need to believe in something larger than you! (tricky one)

If you have not figured out the first two you are going to have difficulty with the last one!  After you accomplish the first, the next two can be a combination.  

I have some “big ideas” about our future and I would love to develop a strategy that allows The Noblemen to exist everywhere we or others think it should!

These are the things that keep me up at night and drive my board crazy.  It starts with a “Vision” that builds a culture that creates an organization that is measured by the impact  it makes on others and ourselves!

It is time for me to push the envelope and stir the pot.

I invite others to jump on board to create something so powerful that we all wonder at its awesomeness! 

Here are some more considerations concerning my vision…

I don’t think someone else is going to create it for me

Lately someone mentioned we are a “hamster on a wheel” constantly challenged for our next revenue stream, that needs to stop

Others won’t invest in our organization unless we audit our financial statements

Others would like to know “what is the problem we are solving in the community?”

I plan to keep “my stamp” on this organization until someone else emerges to take my place! 

Our enhanced model needs enthusiastic support and the I feel the right vision and ideas can create that.
           
I have the passion and the drive and will “do something anyway” so why don’t we all take a step off the “easy life plan” and dig in to create a “life changer!”

Who’s with me?  

I got ideas, do you?

57 and not done yet!


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment