Monday, September 29, 2014

Simplify!



A goal,  that until recently has never been on my bucket list!  How about you?

If someone asked me to simplify my life, I would assume that's what you do when you retire, right?  Perhaps not! 

Simplify is the title of Bill Hybels new book and a group of us are meeting on Fridays to discuss the book chapter by chapter.  I have just started the second chapter so I guess I am still a bit complicated!

In the first chapter one subject that caught my attention was on recreation or taking time away!  For me, vacations always imposed a bit of guilt in me.  Either because I was not getting things done @ the office or I was letting someone else take on my responsibilities. 

It has never been easy for me to “get away” for whatever the reasons.

If you examine the word recreation and look at its roots, the words re-create comes into focus.  That has an attraction to me and a different motivation for putting it on my schedule!

You know what people rarely say on their death bed, “I wish I had spent more time at the office.”  For me, my office is cool and rewarding however there are other major categories in my life. 

I plan to reexamine my priorities and perhaps take some time to re-create some areas in my life. 

I also will invest time into this book and examine what “simplifying” my life looks like.

Stay tuned, this could get interesting!


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment