Sunday, November 16, 2014

How often do you think about your Dash?


There's two dates in time that they'll carve on your stone
And everyone knows what they mean, what's more important
Is the time that is known in that little dash there in between
(Garth Brooks Pushing up Daisies)

When you attend a close friend’s funeral you often consider their dash and perhaps you consider your own!  What will be your foot print?

Consider this, how many people today understand you completely?  After your gone do you think they will get it right?  

Most likely “No.”

Sometimes people’s perspectives baffle the hell out of me.  I can only imagine how that might be amplified or forgotten when I’m gone.

Frankly I rarely consider my dash and the reason is…I’m too busy trying to figuring out today!  When I plan, I often get it wrong.  When I pay attention, I get it right!  

How about a plan to make that dash truly stand for something!   I want people to simply “smile” when they see my dash.  A life well lived! 

As I have talked about in past blogs, I am not a fan of how most funerals are conducted.  Perhaps we would start something new called Celebrating the Dash!

The funeral would primarily be a celebration of the life that has just come to a close.  The focus would not be on salvation or the salvation of those attending.

The purpose would be to put the proper stamp on a life well lived. 

Don’t dwell on your dash; work on your life one day at a time.  

Celebrate today as if your dash could end tomorrow. 

NobleOne

1957 – 20??

No comments:

Post a Comment