Sunday, March 5, 2017

Family



My Uncle Ralph use to tell me that at one time our family occupied a very large portion of the Outer banks however nobody claimed to be kin!

Sometimes family is hard work and other times it's your only foundation.  Over these many years I've come to realize and appreciate the importance of family!

Family can just be three or spread across many friends.  I have been blessed with great friends that I consider family and will be by their side for as long as they'll let me.

My "Noble Years" took precedence over my marriage and I made decisions based on "what could be more important than helping kids?"  I've come to realize that my priorities needed adjusting.

Family is comprised of many moving parts, all connected like gears in an engine.  If one gets misaligned or out of sync it effects the whole operation and efficiency.

At one time I had more cousins than I could keep track of and greatly enjoyed gatherings that celebrated everything from Thanksgiving to high tide.  Those times are gone and a part of my life went with it.

Family like friends require an investment and the returns sometimes try your patience! Never the less its simply what you do!

I can't mention family if I don't include the "pets."  I am blessed with a black lab whose love has no boundaries.  A stable full of horses and a few barn cats top off our farm family that can lift the spirits of a dark day and provide a quiet calming assurance that the world is indeed worth living in.

I know that there are many folks that consider family a burden and not worthy of their time.  In some cases I'm confident there are better paths; however families can be built with folks that don't necessarily have to be related.

This world is not always the easiest place to reside.   At the end of the day I'm fortunate to go home to a wife that loves me and to be greeted by a dog that never seems to have a bad day!

How 'bout you?  Where does family fit in to your priorities?

NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment