Sunday, April 9, 2017

Leaving Footprints


Last Monday night I attended the Noblemen membership meeting.  It was great to see what I started 22 years ago remains intact.  The meeting was well attended and the philanthropy talked about was significant and clearly making an impact.

Reginald Land was there talking about his new non-profit Option 2.  Reginald was one of our first NobleTeen leaders and the experience clearly impacted his life and set him on a path of significance.

Pete Hansen was there as well and he continues in his new role of heading up student programs at Operation Smile.  Pete was instrumental in helping me run The Noblemen and I love him like a brother and proud that he has embraced philanthropy moving forward.

Elizabeth Evans Pennell and Mary Love, two ladies that I love and can ever thank enough for making NobleWomen a force in the community are continuing their philanthropy through Connect With a Wish.   In May the ladies are again hosting the Pungo Winefest directing the funds to help with local foster kids.

Trey White continues to amaze me every day with Team Hoyt VB and the impact he makes not only in my life but in so many others!

Almost every day I read or hear about someone impacting our local community whose roots were firmly planted in The Noblemen legacy.

I'm not sure where my path is headed, however it's easy to look in the rear view mirror and smile knowing that something I created continues to impact me and others so significantly!

NobleOne

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Rooster, always an honor to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AL, You have been an inspiration and guide to me as a I have been maneuvering through the non profit world. You have set the bar for giving back in the Hampton Roads Community. I am grateful for your advice and experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind words and happy to help. Feel free to reach out to me, happy to meet for a cup of coffee or cold libation!

      Delete