Sunday, December 29, 2013

Do You Dream Big?


Years ago I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr. Bill Magee and Wayne Zinn, Founder and CFO of Operation Smile.   In the room was a world map, both shared with me their vision of where Operation Smile was in the world presently and where it needed to go next.   Dr. Magee then stated to me; “Do you know the difference between you and me?”   “I Dream Bigger!”  I never forgot it!

I am currently reading Steve Jobs, and enjoying every bit of it.  Truly the man had Big Dreams linked with the passion to get it done.   Overcoming huge obstacles are part of the game however a dogged pursuit and a clear vision wins the day in most cases. 

It is a rare occasion to meet with people that Dream Big, however I would like to.  I am currently involving myself in a project that would bring hundreds of local leaders together.  I am fascinated by the possibilities of what a gathering of local leaders could accomplish. 

Walter Segaloff recently passed away, however not before inspiring me to Dream Big about the possibilities of educating kids in a new way.  Walter founded the Achievable Dream Academy; an exciting new paradigm in education that I feel is truly needed in some of our communities. 

My son is now 20 and has numerous friends that possess real opportunities however live in an environment that stymies their pursuits.  I daily ponder creating some sort of platform that would allow these young adults to be mentored, inspired and allowed to pursue their Big Dreams

How about you?  Do you Dream Big


Dream Big…Visualize…Attract…Pay Attention…Take Action…Keep A Smile On Your Face & Others

NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment