Sunday, January 5, 2014

Decisions for 2014!


Well the pressure is on.  What are we gonna do different in 2014?  What are your resolutions?  You can’t help but be confronted by the reality that another year is just starting.  Everyday people are making new decisions and committing to new goals.

2013 is now behind us and everyone I know is happy to start again in 2014.  The holidays are the bridge between both years and for most of us, stressful and emotional.  So many people live for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Depression sets in later on with overeating and unexpected deaths through the holidays that seem to always occur.  It is quite a roller coaster ride.

Now 2014 is here and creates a clean slate to right wrongs and start new directions.  Of course we carry baggage from years past however you have to admit a certain amount of optimism about a fresh start!

Do yourself a favor and take some time to consider your next steps.  Keep in mind that life offers 5 steps forward and gives you 5 steps back.  Real progress is slow however achievable with persistence and passion.  It starts with a good decision and it’s a good time to ponder some new ones! 

Most great things don’t happen through committees!  There is a bit of magic in all of us and it doesn’t emerge through group therapy.  Spend some time loving yourself and paying attention to new thoughts and opportunities.

I have three large projects for 2014 and because of that, 2014 is starting to feel pretty good.  I plan to meet new people and create change in my life as well as others.   

These days my motivations have shifted.  Recently I spent time reviewing old journals and revisiting my challenges from over a decade ago.  I had unresolved questions back then that are now resolved, allowing me to be free from some of the burdens of uncertainty.  It was a great exercise!

Yep, I am looking forward to 2014!  Come to think of it, I have looked forward to every year in my life and give thanks for the adventures!


NobleOne

No comments:

Post a Comment