Sunday, July 20, 2014

Rome was not built in a day!



How many times do you watch something in amazement and contemplate, how in the world did?  Luck and timing are typically my first responses however after investigating I usually find out a whole lot more!

It is quite frustrating for me not to put my foot on the gas and make things go faster, however when I do, someone just gets run over.  

The great things take time!  

 My last blog I wrote about expectations and how destructive they can be when imposed by uninformed people.  I consider this more of the same. 

Ponder this however, “you first need a vision of Rome before it is built”... then you need a visionary to see it through with the passion and the persistence to pull it off over time.  

Rome also needs to be admired by others so they too can participate in the building of something great.

Are any of you involved in a project that will last beyond your generation?  It makes you think different.  You are no longer looking for that immediate gratification that fuels so much of our interest.  Interpretations and understandings will be tested by time and history. 

I watched my son learn to play a guitar and I was impressed that he never gave up.   Through the years I have watched him take interest in everything from Taekwondo to computer games.   I was reluctant to support the guitar however over time he understood that music was in his soul and worthy of the long term commitment.

Some folks say “never give up on the things you think about every day.”  It is often not an easy pursuit!  It is however in some cases the one thing you were put on this earth to do! 

Wouldn't it be ashamed to miss out on that gig?

I encourage all of you to go after your dreams and understand it may take more than one night to get them accomplished!

NobleOne


No comments:

Post a Comment