Sunday, September 4, 2016

Why Change?



Think about it, when life is giving you cake and ice cream , why rock the boat, why change?


When your family is happy and you look forward to coming home, why change?


People change for all sorts of reasons.  Usually it has something to do with being uncomfortable.  However change is not easy or comfortable!


When you select change understand that potentially everyone in your world is invited to change as well!  Don't take change lightly.


I find myself today in "change" mode!  It truly is an interesting phenomena for me.  I'm somewhat of a steady Eddie.  You can set your clock to my habits on a daily basis.  I do everything I can to build a steady platform to live my life and then duplicate actions and attitude to preserve the comfort of not needing to change!


It takes a pretty good size event to rock my world however in my 59 youthful years I have already had a few.  What does that do for me?  It allows me to take that next step even when I don't quite know where it will take me!  A new path, new adventure, new life! 


On these last few trips around the sun I learned a significant new life lesson!  My change can cause change in others.  In these last few days after moving away from one life and steering towards another I find myself surrounded by love and gratitude from countless folks that jumped on my train and took a life changing ride! 


You might consider a change good for you, however let me share this!  There is something very powerful in knowing your efforts made a difference in someone else's life beyond your own! 


These changes fortunately last! It's pretty cool to watch old friends and new ones become better folks!  It's a whole lot cooler when you change a teenager's life and watch a renaissance of new behavior placing them on a new productive path!


Looking back at past changes in my life.  Each time I got to set a few more things straight and experience life in a new way that was not known prior to embarking on a different direction. 


Life sometimes is like a speedboat.  You can steer straight and stay in the channel or explore more unique tributaries, however you can't change the wake of your boat.  As I look back at mine, I am fortunate that it makes me smile wide!


Don't go a changing unless perhaps you might want to help others change! 


Consider that!




NobleOne







No comments:

Post a Comment